Sunday, September 19, 2010

Michael loves to color..............

On everything but paper!!!!! Last weekend it was the table, our newly refinished kitchen table. We had a babysitter and Michael was coloring with an off brand "washable" marker and he decided our table may look better blue. Our babysitter tried and tried to get the color to come off with no luck. It is still there, hiding under a placemat!

Well today we found another work of art. Dave found Michael in the process of making a lovely mural with a pen on our flawless WHITE bedding. Needless to say that little boy got a big time out. I was so angry! I am very protective of my lovely white bedding. Michael had found a pen and marked up my coverlet, 2 shams, and my sheets!!!! I instantly hit the internet for advice. So, out came the hairspray and spot cleaner. I first applied hairspray to the mess. This only made the blue in brighter and more noticeable. I let it dry and then sprayed it with Spray and Wash. Again, it only made it look worse! I was hopeless. I put the items in the wash and used lots of soap, warm water, and bleach. I head the wash cycle end and hung my head as I walked the laundry room. I opened the washing machine and to my surprise..............SPOTLESS!!!! Yes, that is right! The good ol' hairspray worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment