Friday, September 3, 2010

Bed Time

Everyday at about 6pm I start thinking...... is it 7pm yet? When is bedtime going to get here? As a stay at home mom, I'm usually very ready for the little ones to be tucked into bed because then mommy time begins. I'm usually in such a rush to get everyone fed and bathed, clean the kitchen, pick up toys, get pajamas on, read stories, and finish up the bedtime routines that my patience can become a little short. All in need is just 10 minutes of complete silence.... will it ever get here!!!! Then it s time to tuck my little ones in. Everything slows down, I take deep breath and I realize this may be the best part of the day, snuggling with my kids one last time before the drift into dreams. Here is what this part of my day looks like.....

GRACYN
Once the lights are out and she is all tucked in ( with her 500 stuffed animals) we either talk about her day tomorrow or we say our prayers. She wants to give regular kisses, eskimo kisses, and butterfly kisses too. Then we tell each other how much we love each other and I wish her lots of sweet dreams. Such a sweet heart!

MICHAEL
After his book we turn out the lights and I put him into his crib. Then he makes sure he has all his "things" and he has to tell me what they all are. Baba(his lamb), keykey(sock monkey), neyney (his horse), bankie (blanket), two(his other blanket), and a-fly(the butterfly musical thing) I tell him I love him and good night and then he repeats "a-night" and "ah-voo." Precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment