Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gracyn, Gracyn, Gracyn

Just a little update on our sweet 4 year old princess................
So, as most of you know Gracyn is about as girly as a little girl can get. She will ONLY wear dresses. Everyone one in a while she will wear a skirt and I can get her to wear tights or leggings now that it is colder. If it were up to her she would wear her Christmas or Easter dress everyday. She also insists on wearing a bun or some other fancy hairdo to dance class. She doesn't understand why a 4 year old can wear lipstick to preschool. She has told me things like "Mommy, I know I don't want to play soccer because you have to wear a shirt. Can't you wear a dress when you play soccer?" I guess tennis may have to be her sport! The other day we were getting ready to go to a birthday party. We picked her outfit out and she was getting read to get dressed then she said "Mommy I'll be right back I need to put some party underpants on too!" Huh? I have tried and tried to explain to her that beauty come from the inside. That she is such a beautiful little girl because she is kind, and loving, and shares not because of her purple and pink flower dress with ruffles. I pray she is understanding this message, at least a little or WOW I am in for it when she is a teen.

Gracyn is such a smart little girl too. She loves to read and is writing her name. We just finished our first chapter book together, Charlotte's Web. She loved reading and it couldn't wait for the next chapter every night. Right now we are reading "Little House on the Prairie." Because of these smarts, she is quite the negotiator. She tried to convince me a few weeks ago that she needed dessert. It sounded something like this. "Mommy, I am pretty full. The side of my stomach that is for dinner and for finishing my broccoli has no room left in it. I can't eat any more. This side of my stomach, for dessert, has plenty of room so I know I have room for dessert."

She is definitely our little sugar and spice girl. She can be so sweet it makes your heart melt and then 2 seconds later the sassy turns on. She rolls her eyes and makes little faces. It's amazing how young little girls learn to turn on the charm to try to get their way. Again, I think I may need to start reading up on the teenage years!!! Prepare myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment